Legal Adviser Help Legal Advice Claim Your Personal Injury Compensation

Claim Your Personal Injury Compensation

The sum limit of claims raised against the various acts of negligence is restricted to a limit by the Civil Liability Act 2002. This act allows for claiming compensation for personal injuries caused by various different factors.

The Limitation Act 2005 also applies to the Liability Act 2002 wherein, the time period of making personal injury claims for compensation is limited, which is all the more reason why a person should hire compensation lawyers Perth to obtain their claims in due time.

Types of Personal Injury Claim Compensations

The operation of the law that deals with matters of negligence and personal injuries are the areas of practice and familiarity of the compensation lawyers in Perth, who will support you with their legal services in the following scenarios:

Vehicle Accidents

In claims that are made under the negligence law or compulsory third party (CTP) insurance scheme, the victim must be able to depict the fault of the second party. This rule has an exception only in the case where the victims are suffering from fatal injuries such as severe burns, neck & spine injuries, blindness, and so on.

In the case where you’re involved in a motor accident as a passenger, cyclist, or pedestrian, those claims too could be filed under the CTP scheme.

Crime Victims

When you’ve suffered injuries due to criminal activity, you could file for a compensation claim regardless of whether the perpetrator is pending conviction or not. This provision is made under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Act 2003 which awards any of the following types of compensations:

  • Medical Bills
  • Emotional Suffering & Physical Pain
  • Loss of Wages
  • Loss of Life Enjoyment
  • Incidental Expenses

At Work Injuries

The Workers’ Compensation and Injury Management Act 1981 supports the compensation claims made by a person when they’ve suffered personal injuries at the workplace. However, the injured worker in question must be able to prove their status of employment which must be either of the following, without which the claims shall not be entertained.

  • Part-Time, Seasonal, Casual, Full-Time worker on commission, or wages.
  • Piece Workers.

Property Owner Negligence Claim

Both the Occupier’s Liability Act 1985 and the Civil Liability Act 2002 supports a type of compensation claim, where a person suffers from injuries that are caused and are proved to have been due to the negligence of the property owner in maintaining their premises.

The Occupier’s liability is also known as the public liability which is a complex legal area where only the competent compensation lawyers Perth could provide valuable legal services.

Final Words

If you have suffered from any such type of injuries including injuries caused by a bad or defective product, you can seek to receive compensation with the help of independent legal firms who are experienced in handling such claims with due diligence and proper authority.

In all the cases, it does remain important to note that these injuries must be able to be demonstrated to the legal authorities for the claim to be entertained before it is passed.

Related Post